Highgate Healthcare provides two main ceiling hoist products to meet durable caring solutions for handling patients. The most efficient and cost-effective way to transfer patients is with overhead lifting systems using either a fixed ceiling hoist or a portable ceiling Hoist.
If you are contemplating whether your best option is either a ceiling hoist or floor hoist, we have included the top reasons why you should consider a ceiling hoist for your or your client’s transfer needs.
Safer Manual handling
The use of Ceiling hoists offer a safe working environment for Care givers by
• Lessening the hazardous push/pull forces and exertion that are associated with the use of Mobile floor hoists
• Reduced need to push Floor lifter from room to room
• Reducing the risk of exposure to Manual Handling injuries minimizing the risk of potential injury claims
Care givers are no longer having to move around floor hoists and are provided with unrestricted orientation around the room.
• Using a ceiling hoists also reduces the need for care givers to move furniture away from the care zone.
• Limited space required for ceiling hoist storage compared to Floor Hoist.
• Ceiling hoists are suited to both Health care settings and residential settings.
• Ceiling hoists can be stored out of sight in an overhead cupboard when not in use or when recharging the unit. There is no need to remove the ceiling hoist from the room, like you may need to for floor hoists.
• The use of Ceiling hoists completely eliminates potential damage of floor furniture, walls and doors, that can occur with floor hoist handling , thus reducing maintenance repair costs.
• Nomad Portable ceiling hoists are best suited to Healthcare settings where it can be used from room to room ie from one rail system to another, without the risk of manual handling injuries often found with pushing a floor lifter from room to room.
Rehabilitation and Gait Training
Ceiling hoist systems safely provide supported independence and assist with Gait training and rehabilitation in both the Healthcare and residential settings. When using the Duracare Gait training system, both the therapist and patient can focus entirely on the training aspect without undue concerns about any safety issues (which is often the case with manual rehabilitation therapy).
All Highgate Healthcare Ceiling Hoist and track products are warehoused and sold locally. Highgate Healthcare provide both product warranty and installation warranty for all projects. After Sales Service Support. Highgate Healthcare provides user training manuals and initial free care givers training to all users. The Nomad Portable Ceiling Hoist can provide customer usage reports. Our qualified Service Technician can provide annual compliance certification.
So you’ve determined that a ceiling hoist is a good option for you or client. What are next steps?
Here’s our guide to ordering a ceiling hoist through Highgate Healthcare. We want to provide the maximum level of support from selection to installation, to make the process a seamless one.
Our in-house local builder at Highgate Healthcare, has over 10 years experience specializing in Ceiling Hoist products, designs, construction and installation. Highgate Healthcare tailor the Ceiling Hoist systems to each individual’s specialty care needs, providing comfort, safety and reassurance. We also provide expert guidance to local Architects and Occupational Therapists and provide Engineered and Weight Compliance certification with every installation.
Call us on 1300 350 350 to inquire more about ceiling hoists.